Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rightful Inheritance of an Illegitimate child for any properties his father left behind

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GLECON

Arresto Menor

Hi to all,
I want to know any legal advice with regards to my father's propeties that he left behind.My father
died without leaving a last will.We are 4 brothers that are all illegitimate because our mother had no
marriage to him.My father lives with his first wife whom he had no children because she is "baog". My father acknowledge us and sent us to school but our stepmom treated us as garbage.Our eldest brother lives with them.My father left behind his big house & lot ...a rice farm land ..an agricultural land..& 2 vehicles a car & an farm jeep...our stepmom controls everything...she wants to sell the 2 vehicles and works the farmland and we get nothing....and plans to sell everything??? what legal rights & legal we will do???? Our father who invest all the things & had work hard abroad before settling here in the province would be lost thru our stepmom & his nieces & nephews???

Hope to hear from you advice on these things,
Glecon

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

By process of elimination, only the first wife and the illegitimate four brothers are entitled to the inheritance because of that "acknowledgement by the father".

The first thing to do is to collate(collect all and sum it up) all the properties left behind by your father, then divide it or distribute it among the heirs(first wife and the 4 guys), you may do this by way of extrajudicial or judicial partition in light or in accordance with the distribution as provided under intestate succession, may mga taxes pa yan na babayaran.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum