Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

money laundering/theft -- can i be accused of as an accomplice?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

starry_night87

Arresto Menor

Hi,

This may seem completely irrelevant but I was advised to seek legal counsel anyway. I hope you can help me.

I have an ex-boyfriend who currently resides in the USA. He is now facing charges of Identity Theft/Fraud because he stole credit cards and got at least $50K from it. My concern is that when we were still together, he sent me money (to my memory not more than $2000, and not all at once) and he asked me to send some back immediately after sending it to me ($1000 of that $2000).

It didn't occur to me that what I did can be considered as money laundering and I have never suspected that it was stolen money.

Now that he's facing charges, is it possible for him to drag me into the case as an accomplice or more? In the off-chance that somebody will contact me about it (if they saw the receipts), what are the things that I should say or should not say?

I'm scared that this may even get me extradited or I'll have an oustanding warrant in case I decide to go to the US.

I know a lot of this is US Law but at least some advice coming from a legal perspective would help me greatly.

Thank you very much.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum