Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLS HELP. Accused of theft

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty PLS HELP. Accused of theft Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Onemistake

Arresto Menor

Good morning. I'm a 24yo med student and currently in need of a legal advice. I was accused early this month of theft by one of my co-student. We haven't spoke ever since, I'm trying to reach out to her and ask for a settlement to stop the fire from burning but to no avail. She told me to just pay the amount of 2500php stolen from her and her friend so I did and apologized in the hope that everything will end there cause I don't want a theft record and in the hope that this is will no longer reach our Dean/administration . Later this month I was informed by our mutual friend that during this month she made a police report at PNP and spread the accusation to most of our batch. She also informed me that they've seen me in the CCTV being the last one in our area ( our working station at the hospital and where we kept our belongings ) moving bags and opening hers. I tried to seek advice from our school personnel but was just informed that the guidance will be calling us next month regarding the issue. I'm really lost. This is the very first time I am caught up with this kind of mess. Please help 😟

I honestly don't have any knowledge on legal matters. So please anyone out there I sincerely need your help.
1. What's the use or purpose of a police report at PNP? Will that be seen in my NBI clearance once I tried getting one or will this effect my application for board exam?
2. Should I already get a lawyer? I'm still not aware if a case has been filed. And i honestly don't know how to check. If yes, can you pls refer me to anyone?
3. Will I get expelled from this? Will I plea guilty or not guilty? ( I'm scared cause they say they have a proof that it's me cctv being the last one to touch the bag and I don't have any proof to counter it, cause I was really late that time thus being the only one left there and I haven't seen the CCTV, Im scared she really is being aggressive about it. )q
4. What will be my legal punishment with a theft of 1000php? And for 2500php?
5. If ever she agree for settlement, does this need to happen in front of a lawyer? To prevent her for filing a case in court? Or a letter?

Deeply grateful for any of your response. Thank you.

2PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty Re: PLS HELP. Accused of theft Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Just one question, did you really stole this money?

3PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty Re: PLS HELP. Accused of theft Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:15 am

Onemistake

Arresto Menor

I did not. But my mistake was due to my eagerness not to make the incident spread like wildfire esp in my future proffession, a smudge like this could ruin you. I chatted her and the only way she would talk to me is if I admit to the the crime. And there she told me to just return the stolen money. And I paid them. Hoping that the issue will end there and it will all be over. But I was greatly mistaken, becuase a day after the payment she made a police report at pnp. And brought it to our administrator.

I know ignorance of the law doesnt excuse anyone ( if I'm stating it correctly ) but I'm really lost and don't know what to do.

4PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty Re: PLS HELP. Accused of theft Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 am

Onemistake

Arresto Menor

@xtainjames @jadis

Update: I recently talked to the security guard who was with them during their viewing of the cctv. He was surprised that I was accused and showed me his report stating " walang ibang taong nakita pumasok ". He also told me that nothing such was seen. Though he wouldn't allow me to view the cctv myself unlike the complainant. He just assured me that I was not seen opening any bags. Pls help. I will be called by our school anytime next month. I badly need a legal advice 😶

5PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty Re: PLS HELP. Accused of theft Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:42 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes it was a terrible idea paying her if you did not really stole anything as this will be seen as admission of guilt. Did you take a copy or at least a picture of the report of the guard? you can use this to depend yourself when they call you for questioning.

6PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty Re: PLS HELP. Accused of theft Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:54 am

Onemistake

Arresto Menor

@xtianjanes

Thank you atty. I really appreciates your help. Currently I'm trying to acquire a copy of the report and waiting for the approval. However they've told me that they don't give a copy of the cctv footage and if ever the hospital will approve it has already been deleted because the span of their storage is only upto 5 days. But the complainant claims to have a copy. If ever atty. can the cctv footage be use as evidence even if it was acquired against the hospital policy? Can I use the statement of the guard that was not in his written report when I'm called for questioning ( ex. Accdg to the security guard that what she's claiming of me as opening her bag can not be seen it the position of the cctv thus counter her statement that she saw me opening her bag via cctv)? Is this classified as qualified theft? Or theft? Pls help me 😥

I'm sorry for bombarding you with these questions I'm still in search for a defense atty.

7PLS HELP. Accused of theft Empty Re: PLS HELP. Accused of theft Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:44 pm

maxwell_24

Arresto Mayor

una po kung di ka naman guilty bat ka naman matataranta? kung dun sa mismong lugar di ka nakuhanan ng cctv na actual na kinukuha mo di yan pwede gamiting ebidensya unless na lang kung ikaw talaga kumuha at nakunan ng cctv. mag file ka ng paninirang puri kung di naman totoo ang ibinibintang sayo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum