Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filipino wife left me with children

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Filipino wife left me with children Empty Filipino wife left me with children Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 pm

jchadd

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I would like to ask for some advice please.

I am British and I married my wife who is Filipino in the Philippines in 2001. Since then we have lived in the UK and have two children who are 5 and 10.

My wife has always had mood swings but during our marriage has become more and more paranoid and depressed. We have had social workers in several times to assess Pearl because of concerns over her rejecting and possibly even harming our children. A psychiatric nurse was assigned, who began visiting at home but this seemed to be making her mood worse, so, perhaps foolishly, I told them to stop. In the last few years my wife has become very abusive, throwing things, swearing in front of our children, accusing me of having affairs with almost every woman I know and some I have never even met. I managed to get her to see a doctor who prescribed some antidepressants but she only took a few and has refused to see the doctor again.

She is asking me for a divorce which she has done many times during her down periods and over the past couple of months she has shipped almost all her clothes, lots of pictures and ornaments, bedding, almost everything she deemed to be hers from our house. My wife has now left and and flown to her home in the Philippines leaving me with both our children. She wants a financial settlement and I need to come to some arrangement with her, without disadvantaging our children.

My question is: What does Filipino law say about how assets should be split when a husband and wife separate under these circumstances?

Thanks and regards

John

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum