Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Undefined Position

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Undefined Position  Empty Undefined Position Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:29 am

Teacher101

Arresto Menor

Good Day Atty.
I am a college instructor in a university. i have been working with them for over 3 years. but still, i could not define my appointment. we are referred to as "guest lecturers" but we are holding 9 classes in a semester. we are not getting any benefits, not even the 13th month pay! We signed a contract renewable every semester and paid at an hourly rate. we, the guest lecturers, are more than 50% of the teaching department. others have been working on this condition for 10 years or more..
is this acceptable? to think, we are with a state university..
please help..
thank you.

2Undefined Position  Empty Re: Undefined Position Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

does your employer pay you consistently? how about arranging your income taxes and payment for sss, pagibig and philhealth? does your employer have the power to dismiss you anytime? does your employer have full control of what you are doing, what to teach, when to teach, and full control and supervision over your work, prescribing the manner of your teaching?

3Undefined Position  Empty Re: Undefined Position Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:09 am

Teacher101

Arresto Menor

we are handling 9 subjects and thats a full load of 27 units.. they deduct taxes and other deductions and yes, they are in control of everything.. but the admin keep on saying that there is no employer-employee relationship between us thats why we couldnt get more than our hourly rate..
no one is brave enough to take necessary complain for the fear of not to be rehire next semester.. we are really treated inhumanely!

4Undefined Position  Empty Re: Undefined Position Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:43 pm

attyLLL

sorry, normal labor laws don't apply. i recommend you make an inquiry at the ched or at the civil service commission

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum