Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

demand letter to a deceased person

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1demand letter to a deceased person Empty demand letter to a deceased person Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 am

ferlyn

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I need your advise about a telephone company sending demand letters to our house. The telephone bill is under my dad's name, who passed away last 2002. We already informed them that our dad died. Still, they are sending letters to us. When I spoke w/ their manager, He said that the family should take care of the bill. Or else they will file a case against us.

now, the question is...Can they file a case against us even though our names were not on the bill?

PLease help. Thanks

2demand letter to a deceased person Empty Re: demand letter to a deceased person Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

ang tanong dyan ay, nakinabang ka ba sa telepono? kung oo, mas fair yta kung babayaran mo. kung hindi, yung nakinabang lang ang papagbayarin mo.

3demand letter to a deceased person Empty Re: demand letter to a deceased person Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:39 pm

ferlyn

Arresto Menor

Few months after my dad died we already informed the telephone company about it. We paid the outstanding balance that time. So, we assumed that they already cut the line because there no dial tone. We never expected that until today they're continuing billing us.

4demand letter to a deceased person Empty Re: demand letter to a deceased person Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 pm

ferlyn

Arresto Menor

We plan not to pay it because we did not use the phone anymore after our father died. They want us to pay it all including the interest. Its so unfair. We're not using it and they want us to pay it.

Can they file a case againts us?

5demand letter to a deceased person Empty Re: demand letter to a deceased person Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

ferlyn wrote:We plan not to pay it because we did not use the phone anymore after our father died. They want us to pay it all including the interest. Its so unfair. We're not using it and they want us to pay it.

Can they file a case againts us?

kung hindi nyo naman ginamit e di wag niyong bayaran.

6demand letter to a deceased person Empty Re: demand letter to a deceased person Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:03 pm

attyman

Arresto Menor

you should check if there are monthly billings sent to your place, because if there are, then you are properly notified that your line is not yet disconnected even after paying the outstanding balance and after telling them to disconnect your line. if there are no monthly billings sent to your place, then you have a reason not to pay them anymore. however, if they insist, ask that your brgy officials conduct mediation between you and the phone co. so that you will have the chance to lay your basis and/or reasons for non payment

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum