Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Special Power of Attorney not honored by employer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

elizabeth_darcy

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I issued a special power of attorney for my friend to claim my 2316 for 2011 and 2012 from my former company and also to have the signatories sign my clearance on my behalf.

However, the HR returned this to my friend stating that they will not honor the document and that I need to personally claim my 2316 and to have my clearance signed.

Can they do this? I did not authorize my friend to claim my backpay though, and it was specifically stated on the SPA that it was only to claim my 2316 and have the clearance signed. I am currently working now and my work schedule conflicts with my former company's HR schedule as well, hence I decided to give my friend a special power of attorney.

Please help. thanks.

attyLLL

imo, they should honor it but they are not legally bound to do so. compliance may be better than confrontation.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

elizabeth_darcy

Arresto Menor

thank you.

elizabeth_darcy

Arresto Menor

my friend went back to HR because i told her to go back. they have downright refused her despite the special power of attorney. what can we do in this case? i work in a call center and my former company is also a call center... my new job is in conflict with my former company's HR schedule. they should have people in the morning sa HR, pero most of them come in in the afternoon or nighttime. my schedule won't make it feasible for me to go to my former company unless i want to be without sleep for more than 48 hours straight.

what can we do in this case? they should honor it but refuses to do so. I have half a mind to get a real lawyer and have him deal with my former company.

attyLLL

how about calling them and arranging for a quick pass by where what you need will be ready when you get there.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

fcruz

Arresto Menor

Did you separated with your previous employer in good standing? , how is your relationship with your previous superior. In most cases ganito ang nagyayari kung you left your employer na d maganda or have relationship issues , tlagang gigipitin ka.

Kaya always dont burn bridges, i think what you need to do is file a non paid VL with your current employer, specially if those documents are the requirement of your current emloyer. Maiintindihan nila yan. Wag mo n daanin sa legal matters kase magastos , imagine for that 2316 hanap k p lawyer baka yun magastos mo sa lawyer is even bigger than the tax that you withheld ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum