Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonds in contracts (just a few more questions even though this has been discussed extensively)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cris05

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I know this topic has been discussed extensively in pinoylawyer.org but there are still some questions I would like to clarify.

My situation is that I was promoted to Management Trainee almost 4 months ago. The contract I signed indicated a bond of 2 years and if I resign before that 2 years I would have to pay Php200,000.00.

This is the exact words written in the contract:
"You shall be required to remain with the company for a minimum of two (2) years or else pay Two Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 200,000.00), unless sooner terminated by the Company for a just or authorized cause."

My questions are:
(1) If the "training" provided to the employee was just a rotation in each department of the company, no special training that had any extra expense on the company. Do they really have a legal right to collect such penalty fee upon resignation?

(2) I had an allowance of Php2,500.00 per month for my transportation expenses since my training will be conducted really far. But my actual transportation expenses was around Php4,000.00 per month. Is that enough basis for their expenses incurred for my "training" and for them to impose the penalty?

(3) What legal argument can I present to the company if they insist on collecting that penalty fee?

(4) I recently found out that employers need to have a consent from DOLE before they can require an employee to sign a contract with a bond, if I can prove that they have not consulted DOLE, will that be enough to exclude me from the penalty fee?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Cris

clmb19

Arresto Menor

i have a same problem!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum