Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demand Letter from Previous Employer

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Demand Letter from Previous Employer Empty Demand Letter from Previous Employer Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm

ernanirivera

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I resigned from my previous employer Feb, 28, 2011 and got my clearance and backpay April 7, 2011.

Yesterday, my mom called me and she was very furious at me because she received a letter from my previous employer demanding me to return the company issued phone they gave to me when I was still with them. Also mentioned on the letter, that they will proceed with legal action if I dont return the phone within 15 days upon receipt of the said letter.

I returned ALL comapny issued items they gave me before the effectivity of my resignation which is why they signed my clearance as well.

My question is, I want to file a case against this company but I do not know how to proceed. Also, what case should I file against them?

I still have the certficate of clearance and backpay computation they issued to me, as proof that I have returned everything and I do not have any liabilities or obligations with them.

Please help.

2Demand Letter from Previous Employer Empty Re: Demand Letter from Previous Employer Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if they already cleared you, then it could be just a mis understanding, talk to them.

3Demand Letter from Previous Employer Empty Re: Demand Letter from Previous Employer Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 pm

ernanirivera

Arresto Menor

Thanks Patok, yes I just realized that there could be just an error on their reporting system, but what if I already lost the copy of my clearance? anyway, I already called them and talked to the property custodian and he confirmed that they have the phone with them and it could just be an error. I will be talking to the HR Corporate Manager who signed the letter tomorrow about this issue, hopefully to resolve everything.. IF they insist, then I will have no choice but to take legal action.

4Demand Letter from Previous Employer Empty Re: Demand Letter from Previous Employer Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 am

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

YES, you can claim moral damages from them but you said you had lost your clearance?it is your evidence that you had been cleared already..

5Demand Letter from Previous Employer Empty Re: Demand Letter from Previous Employer Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm

ernanirivera

Arresto Menor

Thanks alexisbantilan. I still have the copy of my clearance. I am just asking what if I lost it, then I could be in trouble, right? Though this maybe just a reporting error on their side I can still be in a serious legal problem if I dont have my clearance anymore. I am now seriously thinking of filing a case against my former employer because of this.

6Demand Letter from Previous Employer Empty Re: Demand Letter from Previous Employer Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:37 pm

attyLLL

either way, your first step should be to respond to that letter

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum