Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demand letter from ex-employer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Demand letter from ex-employer Empty Demand letter from ex-employer Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Horus707

Arresto Menor

I recently received a demand letter from my previous employer. Can anyone advice me what to do regarding this matter? Thank you.

They're demanding a 50k for a breach of contract.

2Demand letter from ex-employer Empty Re: Demand letter from ex-employer Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:03 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Company usually state Breach of contract on the demand letter if you went to a competitor after separating with them, specially if you signed a non-compete clause, or if you have knowledge of sensitive/confidential data that might help your competitors.

So i suggest get the correct information first then go get a legal opinion.

3Demand letter from ex-employer Empty Re: Demand letter from ex-employer Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:09 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Horus707 wrote:I recently received a demand letter from my previous employer. Can anyone advice me what to do regarding this matter? Thank you.

They're demanding a 50k for a breach of contract.

To answer your question directly, you cannot be compelled to pay any amount by anyone. Assuming that your previous employer has the right to demand the amount from you, you cannot be compelled to pay unless there is an order by the court.

So let them file an action against you and let the courts decide.

4Demand letter from ex-employer Empty Re: Demand letter from ex-employer Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:37 am

Horus707

Arresto Menor

So what should I do?? Can they file a case against me?

5Demand letter from ex-employer Empty Re: Demand letter from ex-employer Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:28 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, they can file a case against you.

If they are asking 50k, what is their basis? That amount is for the courts to decide.

I suggest you settle or wait for them to file a case against you and let the courts decide.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum