Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Notice to explain and to show cause

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Notice to explain and to show cause Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 am

Missqiva

Arresto Menor

Good day sir/madam

I have this issue at my office which turn to be true. Now, I have to answer this: the foregoing discripancies point to tampering or falsifying entries, as well as, misappropriation of company sales and or collections that were not timely and properly turned over. As such, these would constitute fraud, dishonesty, and or misappropriation or conversion of company funds, as well as serious violation of the cashiers duty to immediately turn over sales and collection at the end of each day. All of which are serious offenses and are grounds for dismissalor termination of employment.

I have given 3 days to explain these matter.

What would be my best action to this? Should I agree at once with this matter and try to talk it over to them to atleast lighten my penalties? or should I consult with a lawyer first?

I'm 6 months pregnant with our 2nd baby as of the moment, If I get in a worst case situation, I just want to know if there's a chance If I can get proper compensation since I've worked for 10yrs in our company..

Thank you very much in advance...

Missqiva

2Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 pm

tatak

Arresto Mayor

was this your first infraction?

http://bar2012.blogspot.com/

3Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Missqiva

Arresto Menor

tatak wrote:was this your first infraction?
Yes sir it is..

4Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

tatak

Arresto Mayor

first, be sure to answer the show cause order... honestly explain your side on the circumstances which affected your indiscretion... be apologetic as much as possible..

here are some cases which I hope would lessen your anxieties....

Mary Johnston Hospital v. NLRC, where the employee had a heated argument with the department head, the Court held that since the incident was her first offense during her seventeen (17) years of employment the penalty of termination was not commensurate with the act committed.

Manila Electric Company v. NLRC, where the employee was declared guilty of breach of trust and violation of company rules the penalty of dismissal was not meted to him considering his twenty (20) years of service without any previous derogatory record and his two (2) commendations for honesty from the company.

Dolores v. NLRC, where the employee absented herself without permission from her superior, the Court ruled that the penalty of dismissal was too severe considering her twenty-one (21) years of service with the company and it appearing that it was her first offense.

Philippine Telegraph and Telephone Corporation v. NLRC, where the employee was adjudged guilty of tampering a receipt, the Court ruled that the imposition of the supreme penalty of dismissal would certainly be very harsh and disproportionate to the infraction committed, especially after noting that it was his first offense after seven (7) long years of satisfactory service.

Radio Communications of the Philippines, Inc. v. NLRC, where the employee was found guilty of misappropriating company funds and withholding messages for transmission, the Court ruled that in view of the employee's continuous service of ten (10) years with the company the penalty of dismissal for the minor infractions would be unduly harsh and grossly disproportionate.

Bonotan v. NLRC, where the employee shouted at the operations manager, the Court ruled that since the employee has been with the company for twenty-six (26) years and nowhere in the records did it appear that she committed any previous violation of company rules and regulations, dismissal from work would be too severe a penalty under the circumstances.

Tanduay Distillery Labor Union v. NLRC, where the employees were found guilty of eating while at work, the Court ruled that inasmuch as they had served the company without any record of violation or infraction of company rules and regulations prior to the incident for periods ranging from 16 to 26 years, respectively, the dismissal meted out on them was too harsh a penalty.

http://bar2012.blogspot.com/

5Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Missqiva

Arresto Menor

tatak wrote:first, be sure to answer the show cause order... honestly explain your side on the circumstances which affected your indiscretion... be apologetic as much as possible...

Thank you so much for the time and effort. God bless po...

6Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm

attyLLL

wait, how much is involved here? i'd be careful of simply confessing because their next step may be to file criminal charges against you. i recommend personally consulting with a lawyer.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

7Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:24 am

Missqiva

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:wait, how much is involved here? i'd be careful of simply confessing because their next step may be to file criminal charges against you. i recommend personally consulting with a lawyer.

First of all, thank you po attyLLL. I'm from sales, someone accused me of putting extra percentage to the items that we sell in our company, they found evidences that has put me into this situation, let's say sa isang item costing around 30k may patong lang po ako ng mga 10%, 30k still goes to the company and I let the 10% floats for a couple of days then goes it into my petty cash drawer. But still I know I've been violating company rules. Nangyari po ito this year lang, impluwensiya narin po ng kasamahan sa work and my financial situation.. Ano pong dapat kong gawin atty?...

8Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:27 pm

sabina143

Arresto Menor

ano po ang mgiging parusa ng isang collector kung naptunayan n my mga payment ng customer n hindi niya nremit..pinipilit po kc papirmahin ang aking asawa ng isang notice n hindi p po niya naki2ta ang mga detail ng kanyang short?

9Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm

good_intention

Arresto Menor

tatak wrote:first, be sure to answer the show cause order... honestly explain your side on the circumstances which affected your indiscretion... be apologetic as much as possible..

here are some cases which I hope would lessen your anxieties....

Mary Johnston Hospital v. NLRC, where the employee had a heated argument with the department head, the Court held that since the incident was her first offense during her seventeen (17) years of employment the penalty of termination was not commensurate with the act committed.

Manila Electric Company v. NLRC, where the employee was declared guilty of breach of trust and violation of company rules the penalty of dismissal was not meted to him considering his twenty (20) years of service without any previous derogatory record and his two (2) commendations for honesty from the company.

Dolores v. NLRC, where the employee absented herself without permission from her superior, the Court ruled that the penalty of dismissal was too severe considering her twenty-one (21) years of service with the company and it appearing that it was her first offense.

Philippine Telegraph and Telephone Corporation v. NLRC, where the employee was adjudged guilty of tampering a receipt, the Court ruled that the imposition of the supreme penalty of dismissal would certainly be very harsh and disproportionate to the infraction committed, especially after noting that it was his first offense after seven (7) long years of satisfactory service.

Radio Communications of the Philippines, Inc. v. NLRC, where the employee was found guilty of misappropriating company funds and withholding messages for transmission, the Court ruled that in view of the employee's continuous service of ten (10) years with the company the penalty of dismissal for the minor infractions would be unduly harsh and grossly disproportionate.

Bonotan v. NLRC, where the employee shouted at the operations manager, the Court ruled that since the employee has been with the company for twenty-six (26) years and nowhere in the records did it appear that she committed any previous violation of company rules and regulations, dismissal from work would be too severe a penalty under the circumstances.

Tanduay Distillery Labor Union v. NLRC, where the employees were found guilty of eating while at work, the Court ruled that inasmuch as they had served the company without any record of violation or infraction of company rules and regulations prior to the incident for periods ranging from 16 to 26 years, respectively, the dismissal meted out on them was too harsh a penalty.

OMG! I just posted my enquiry and this thread really answered my question! I have the same issue, fraud but i have different intention (Just to prove that tehr's a system casuing fraud). Im 3 yrs of service and no issue of dishonest or whatsoever, Now they terminated me! Now I can really file my case. It feels good. terminating me is really harsh. Ty

10Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:04 pm

sabina143

Arresto Menor

sir

thank you...ngaun po lam n nmn gagawin....d kc tama ang gngwa nla pgtrato sa amin..

11Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:38 pm

sabina143

Arresto Menor

sir,
willing po kmi to settle ung mga short.at kung cause po nun ay dismissal..pwede po b nmn cla ireklamo s hindi nla pgbi2gay ng tamang sahod,wala dn po kmi contract khit mtagal n kmi s company, wala din po kmi natatngap n holiday pay,incentives,at insurance (field insurance)at ang ibang expenses ng service ng motor ay sa collector pa kinakaltas,minumura p ang mga collector pg mahina ang collection. ano po ang dapat nmin gawin..

sana po matulungan nyo po kmi uli...

12Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 pm

attyLLL

sabina, it depends on how much is missing.

13Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am

sabina143

Arresto Menor

so far po pinacompute po uli nmn ang mga short nia..what if po kung less than 50k?/

14Notice to explain and to show cause Empty Re: Notice to explain and to show cause Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:15 pm

attyLLL

that is a very substantial amount. if your husband actually collected that and failed to remit, then my position is that there is basis for termination.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum