Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Common Law Marriage Inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Common Law Marriage Inquiry Empty Common Law Marriage Inquiry Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:50 am

charles009

Arresto Menor

Good day Atty. I would just like to ask what if the unmarried couple is living together with the man's family? That is not "exclusively" living right? As per Common Law Marriage here in Philippines, the unmarried couple should be "exclusively" living together. Are they still governed by co-ownership?

And what about if the man is working abroad and the woman is living with his family are they still covered by co-ownership? Thanks in advanced.

Charles

2Common Law Marriage Inquiry Empty Re: Common Law Marriage Inquiry Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am

attyLLL

in my opinion, that is still considered a common law relationship covered by co-ownership even if they are living with the parents, and even if the man is away.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Common Law Marriage Inquiry Empty Re: Common Law Marriage Inquiry Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 am

charles009

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply attorney I appreciate a lot. By the way I have a follow up question. If the woman would leave and go to her family's house then there would be no difference right? If she lives alone then the more it will look like common law marriage. So where should she live and what should the man and the woman do so that common law marriage would be terminated? Thank you very much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum