Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trying to Settle a Minor Car Accident

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trying to Settle a Minor Car Accident Empty Trying to Settle a Minor Car Accident Mon May 31, 2010 2:53 pm

johnny

Arresto Menor

Hi,

A few days ago, I was involved in a very minor car accident. I was slowly backing up on an inclinded parking spot (in front of a store), and did not see a small motorcycle parked behind my car. As a result, I hit the motorcycle, and it fell down. Except for some permanent scratches/scrapes on the surface of the motorcycle headlight, there were no other damages.

The owner of the motorcycle and I met in the Barangay hall and agreed to settle things amicably - I agreed to pay for the damage (scratches) on the headlight. He said that since the scratches are already permanent, the whole headlight assembly needs to be replaced. A few days later, he texted me and said it costs P2000.00. Although I am prepared to settle the issue, I was a little surprised by the cost. Unfortunately, my insurance will require me the minimum participation fee of P2000.00 as well, so it won't be advantageous if I claim the accident with my insurance.

My question is, in the event that I do pay the other party the said amount, can you advise as to the best document I need to bring/make, to ensure my payment will finally settle the case? Should I just create my own settlement document and have both parties signed, along with a witness from the Barangay? Will this suffice, or do I have to have a lawyer draft an affidavit or something?

Thanks in advance for the help!

attyLLL

make he sure he turns over the old headlight to you so you'll be assured that he's not just getting the money and not replacing it. i don't think you'll need a special deed. look up waivers and quitclaims on the web and just incorporate the language in the barangay agreement.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum