Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can the petitioner claim to be the one with psychological incapacity?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

erika2410

Arresto Menor

hi!

i'm planning to file for annullment. i was married when i was 19 and the relationship didn't last for a year. they say that psychological incapacity seems to be the only ground that actually works. however, i'm not positive that my husband would cooperate with that

is it better if i claim to be the one with mental issues even if i'm the one to file the petition? i had a history of depression due to some traumatic childhood experience. would that work to my advantage?

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

erika2410 wrote:hi!

i'm planning to file for annullment. i was married when i was 19 and the relationship didn't last for a year. they say that psychological incapacity seems to be the only ground that actually works. however, i'm not positive that my husband would cooperate with that

is it better if i claim to be the one with mental issues even if i'm the one to file the petition? i had a history of depression due to some traumatic childhood experience. would that work to my advantage?

Yes, but this case might set a backfire on you. i read one article, I think a year ago regarding using this ground to nullify your marriage. Using such basis may give the judge a wrong presumption that you are not capable of having a married life. Hindi ko na maalala yung buong article but it is something like that. I hope atty. L is familiar with that an can give us some enlightenment.

hlslawph

Arresto Menor

In Marable vs. Marable G.R. No. 178741 January 17, 2011, it was the petitioner who filed for the declaration of nullity of his marriage. The trial court granted his petition and although it was later overturned by the Supreme Court, the decision was based on his failure to prove psychological incapacity and not because the one alleged to be psychologically incapacitated is the petitioner himself.

It will not backfire or create any unfavorable presumption against the petitioner because the petitioner may be psychologically incapacitated with one person but is not psychologically incapacitated with another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum