Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NO CONTRACT AND ISSUES WITH QUITCLAIM

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NO CONTRACT AND ISSUES WITH QUITCLAIM Empty NO CONTRACT AND ISSUES WITH QUITCLAIM Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:27 pm

themakeupclinic

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I handle hair and make up artists for a studio and all of them are service contractors with two to three months contract.

We have a fast turnover for service contractors, not all the workers in this studio have contracts. Three of them only had a verbal agreement with the contractor that they will stay for 5 months. The contractor, trained them for free so they can perform the tasks required by the client company.

They were not able to conform with the policies of the client company and they were verbally advised of these policies. Two of these service contractors committed 'padding' where the first worker logged in the second worker even when the second worker is not physically present in the workplace. They were advised that this act is a ground for termination. The client company asked them to turnover for 15 days. Since there is no contract, they disagreed. The client company wishes to just have them do clearance which includes returning of Id's, access cards and signing a quitclaim which states the following:

1. that the contractor paid the amount of their last commission
2. that they cannot apply for three years with a company or competitor within the vicinity of the make up studio with the same nature of business
3. that the client company does not hold them liable legally nor financially even though they have not turned over for 15 days

The two service contractors does not want to sign the quitclaim despite of the efforts of us explaining to them that this is only to protect them if the client company will legally file any complaints in the future and also both to protect them and the agency.

Their reason of not signing the quitclaim is that they did not sign any contracts when they started working for the studio. A friend who works as an HR said that they are required to do clearance even if they do not have a contract with our agency and that is is already understood that they are workers of our agency since they were receiving cash payment vouchers every 3rd and 18th of the month.

I do not have legal knowledge when it comes to these things. My only wish is that they sign the quitclaim.

I hope you can help us.

Cheers

2NO CONTRACT AND ISSUES WITH QUITCLAIM Empty Re: NO CONTRACT AND ISSUES WITH QUITCLAIM Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 pm

attyLLL

what is your question?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum