Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid House Rent

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid House Rent Empty Unpaid House Rent Wed May 12, 2010 7:29 pm

akyre

Arresto Menor

Hi.I'm new here and i just have some query and need legal advice..I was before renting an apartment for 6k a month...there was a situation where i failed to pay my rent for 2 months because my Dad past away (this was in oct2007)then come feb2008 and Apr2009 i also wasnt able to pay my rent..this gave me a 4months due to the owner..The owner was quite nice to understand my situation thats why it led na nadagdagan and naging 4months lahat ng kulang ko (24k total)..Bago ako lumipat june2009 last yr, nag usap naman kami na huhulugan ko unti2 ung kulang ko and hindi naman malayo ung nilipatan ko naman is just a few blocks away so wala naman ako balak takbuhan..actually bago ako lumipat nagkaron kami ng written agreement sa brgy na babayaran ko ung kulang ko by issuing Post dated Checks sbi ko mag oopen pa ako kaso hindi ako nakapag open kc wala akong perang pang open ng account so hindi nag materialize ung napagkasunduan namin sa brgy, nagalit ung Landlord and kung ano2 pinagttxt saken, mejo nainis ako and sabi ko hindi na ako makikipag usap sa brgy..ayaw ko po sana ng problema...2010 na and may pumunta daw samen na attorney sbi ng mom ko, regarding nga daw sa utang ko...QUESTION:pwede nya ba akong kasuhan kung hindi ako nakapgbayad ng kulang ko sa rent, kahit na walang check involved? wala naman ako balak na d bayaran, kaso po mejo financially unstable ako coz im a single parent and hindi po enough ung salary ko sa mga expenses kaya nga po ako nagdecide na lumipat ng mas maliit na place kc hindi ko na kaya magrent ng mas mahal..hope u can give me an advice..thank you po..

2Unpaid House Rent Empty Re: Unpaid House Rent Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 pm

attyLLL

At most he can only file a civil case against you for the unpaid rent. From the facts you stated, no crime was committed because no check was issued. I suggest you negotiate a payment schedule. You did benefit from the use of the rental property, so you are obligated to pay your debt.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unpaid House Rent Empty Re: Unpaid House Rent Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:38 pm

hanna1021

Arresto Menor

Hi Moderator,

I have a different situation, kasi pinakiusapan namin yung umu upa samin na umalis na since i'll take over the place and since hindi narin sya nakapag bayad at nagsabi na gagamitin nalang daw nya yung dep. So my mom asked her na gamitin na dep and advance since i will take over the place and use it for business din but due to unforseen circumstances naconfined si mama and nagamit ko yung pera for her hospitalization so naging malabo na yung pagpapaupa ko then may nag express ng interest umupa, kinausap ako nung tao at binigyan ako ng pera if even magdecide ako paupahan sa kanya yung pwesto since aalis narin naman yung kasalukuyang uupa. Now nung time na last day na ng kasalukuyang umu upa ayaw na nya umalis at humihingi pa ng extension na 3mos without payment..at hindi sila natatakot kahit na magdemanda pa daw ako. ano po ang pwede kong gawin para maka alis sya ng maayos at para makapag start yung bagong uupa?
sa kasalukuyan ay nagamit na nya lahat ng dep at advance nya, nakalipas narin po ang isang buwan na wala syang bayad sa pwesto..ano po ang karapatan ko bilang landlord sa ganitong situation, dahil umabot na kami sa barangay at wala naman magawa ang barangay kundi makinig.

4Unpaid House Rent Empty Re: Unpaid House Rent Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:00 pm

attyLLL

in terms of legal remedy, your option is to file a case of ejectment with application for mandatory injunction.

some of my clients take such steps like suddenly throwing out the stuff of the lessor and padlocking the leased premises, while no one was around. i advise not to do it or don't get caught doing so.

5Unpaid House Rent Empty Re: Unpaid House Rent Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:12 am

hanna1021

Arresto Menor

how long does this process normally take? and could i get something out of it for legal damages? since its my parents only source of income and now that they are no longer paying my parents opt to borrow money to other people to sustain daily living.

Why is it wrong to do such action? what are the possible problem we might encounter for doing such?

6Unpaid House Rent Empty Re: Unpaid House Rent Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:14 pm

attyLLL

the law does not allow you to take matters into your own hands. your first step is for the registered owner of the property and/or the lessor to authorize you and file a complaint at the barangay. if no agreement is reached, then you can file a complaint for ejectment with the court. you can pray for back rent and damages.

forcing them out by yourself will make you vulnerable to criminal charges of coercion, robbery and unjust vexation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum