Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marriage abroad

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1marriage abroad Empty marriage abroad Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:00 am

ladylord

Arresto Menor

Me and my fiance are both filipino. He is currently working at United States and is a permanent resident already. He is divorced to his wife (processed at US), a filipina but is currently at United Kingdom. We would like to get married but we know for a fact that we can not do it here in the Philippines since divorced is not acknowledged here. So we plan to get it done abroad legally. CAn you suggest where country can we do it? We are planning to do it in Singapore but their law requires atleast 15 days stay before notifying a marriage. We heard that in Hongkong, they are not requiring a tenure.Does bangkok requires tenure too? We are looking for a country where our current situation is accepted. Our kids can be petitioned already but we plan to process it once we got married already.

Also, once married, can we register our marriage here at Manila. How can i change my status? this is needed for the petition abroad. please advise. thanks

2marriage abroad Empty Re: marriage abroad Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:09 pm

ivtooth

Arresto Menor

heloo nais ko lang po malman kung paano ba magpaannull iyoung kasal to a foriegn man

3marriage abroad Empty Re: marriage abroad Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:12 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

ivtooth wrote:heloo nais ko lang po malman kung paano ba magpaannull iyoung kasal to a foriegn man

filing annulment case is easy, but you should look first for your ground/s.

check here for the grounds : http://www.pinoylawyer.org/t4048-legal-advice-nullity-of-marriage-or-annulment-case

4marriage abroad Empty Re: marriage abroad Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:30 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

ladylord wrote:Me and my fiance are both filipino. He is currently working at United States and is a permanent resident already. He is divorced to his wife (processed at US), a filipina but is currently at United Kingdom. We would like to get married but we know for a fact that we can not do it here in the Philippines since divorced is not acknowledged here. So we plan to get it done abroad legally. CAn you suggest where country can we do it? We are planning to do it in Singapore but their law requires atleast 15 days stay before notifying a marriage. We heard that in Hongkong, they are not requiring a tenure.Does bangkok requires tenure too? We are looking for a country where our current situation is accepted. Our kids can be petitioned already but we plan to process it once we got married already.

Also, once married, can we register our marriage here at Manila. How can i change my status? this is needed for the petition abroad. please advise. thanks

Hi ladylord.

I think that your fiance still needs to have the divorce decree recognized here in the Philippines. We have a client, a Filipino who has obtained a divorce decree from abroad and has remarried. He wanted to register his second marriage but the Phil. embassy did not allow it. He was told to have his divorce recognized here in the Philippines.

For more free legal information, please visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

5marriage abroad Empty Re: marriage abroad Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 pm

ladylord

Arresto Menor

thank you atty. But is recognition of foreign divorce applicable for both filipino who got divorce abroad and wish to marry a filipina? My fiance's wife will soon get married to a british, can he already file this recognition of foreign divorce once his ex wife became a british citizen?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum