Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overpaid by employer

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overpaid  by employer Empty Overpaid by employer Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 pm

rastapol

Arresto Menor

I am humbly asking for any legal thoughts on what I am going through right now. I was recently informed by my employer that they overpaid me for 1year. They want me to pay them back what i owe at my own pace and time by salary deduction which i am very much willing to do. Fair enough but not until I realized that when I had my 6th month appraisal, they didnt let me sign my Personnel Change Notice (proof of appraisal) which is for my strict compliance. They always had alibis. It is obvious that back then they already knew about this but they let it pass. Its only now theyre raising this issue since this may affect their audit. Even though I have benefited from this I feel sort of oppressed cause they prolonged it and now i cant make future plans because if I base it from the amount they want to deduct from my salary it will take years before i can fully pay it back.I also feel that there was negligence on their part as I would think they wanted to cover it up. If this was resolved earlier less hassle/damage for me. Will I have reasonable grounds to put up a lawfully fight?

2Overpaid  by employer Empty Re: Overpaid by employer Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:32 pm

atty_kristeto_makatao

Arresto Mayor

overpayment usually happens when employers try to cheat out of taxation. were you taxed at 2%? 15% or the regular 30-32%?

3Overpaid  by employer Empty Re: Overpaid by employer Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you work out a fixed payment schedule. unfortunately, the company is entitled to get back the money. make a written follow up regarding the appraisal so you have a record.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Overpaid  by employer Empty Re: Overpaid by employer Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:42 am

rastapol

Arresto Menor

Thank you sirs. Im enlightened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum