Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overpaid Salary

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overpaid Salary Empty Overpaid Salary Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:28 pm

obyong

Arresto Menor

Hi! I would like to seek advice regarding on my previous employer collecting a certain amount which they told me is an overpaid salary. I resigned in their organization last year due to some personal reason. They agreed and required me to render a 30 day of service. However, I wasn't able to work for that period of time. Still, I was able to receive a salary in my ATM. Do I necessarily have to return the overpayment? Would appreciate your advice.

Thank you very much.

2Overpaid Salary Empty Re: Overpaid Salary Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Accountant

Arresto Menor

Hi, I just want to ask if you really received more that what you should?
Have you really clarified or you just believe them?

You already resigned before they require you to work for 30-days?

3Overpaid Salary Empty Re: Overpaid Salary Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:57 pm

obyong

Arresto Menor

Accountant wrote:Hi, I just want to ask if you really received more that what you should?

It's only the basic pay they are requiring me to return to them. There is really no overpayment, but the thing is, I still received my salary for one month and a half even though I did not report for work.

I filed my resignation, they approved it, but they noted on it that I have to render a 30 day of service, which is I am aware, is indicated in my contract. However, I wasn't able to do so...

I want to return the money because I think it's the right thing to do, but at the back of my mind, I don't want to because I think they had been negligent on their part, paying me even if I am not reporting for work...

4Overpaid Salary Empty Re: Overpaid Salary Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 am

Accountant

Arresto Menor

obyong wrote:
Accountant wrote:Hi, I just want to ask if you really received more that what you should?

It's only the basic pay they are requiring me to return to them. There is really no overpayment, but the thing is, I still received my salary for one month and a half even though I did not report for work.

I filed my resignation, they approved it, but they noted on it that I have to render a 30 day of service, which is I am aware, is indicated in my contract. However, I wasn't able to do so...

I want to return the money because I think it's the right thing to do, but at the back of my mind, I don't want to because I think they had been negligent on their part, paying me even if I am not reporting for work...

The basic pay they are requiring you to return, is the pay for the duration of one month and a half even though you did not report for work?

Sir/ma'am,

kindly reflect Idea in this provision from the CIVIL Code of the Philippines: Obligations & Contracts

Art. 2154. If something is received when there is no right to demand it, and it was unduly delivered through mistake, the obligation to return it arises.
If you did not return, just in case, it will be a ground to file a civil case against you, which would be additional to the case of non-fulfillment of your obligation to render necessary service for them.

5Overpaid Salary Empty Re: Overpaid Salary Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 pm

obyong

Arresto Menor

Accountant wrote:
obyong wrote:

The basic pay they are requiring you to return, is the pay for the duration of one month and a half even though you did not report for work?

Sir/ma'am,

kindly reflect Idea in this provision from the CIVIL Code of the Philippines: Obligations & Contracts

Art. 2154. If something is received when there is no right to demand it, and it was unduly delivered through mistake, the obligation to return it arises.
If you did not return, just in case, it will be a ground to file a civil case against you, which would be additional to the case of non-fulfillment of your obligation to render necessary service for them.

thank you very much for the advice. i appreciate it. God bless. = )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum