Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unpaid wages for almost 2 months

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unpaid wages for almost 2 months Empty unpaid wages for almost 2 months Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:17 am

reasonable grounds

Arresto Menor

I am a language instrtuctor in a well known school. I have been working for them since june 11, 2012 up to this day and have not received any salary from the management have not received an employment contract from the school. i have raised the issue to the school dean, the person who hired me on the 9th of june 2012 as the school hasnt hired a new HR then. Unfortunately, he just kept telling me (and other newly hired teachers) that the computation on the salary will be given within the week. He's been saying that since the last week of june. Last friday (july 27,2012) i found out that all other newly hired employees have already signed forms for their bank accounts and were given temporary id's for them to be able to access the computation of their salaries online. I asked the dean why i was not provided with the forms needed and he told me that i was absent when the forms were given. I know that its not an appropriate excuse since its the school's responsibility to identify who among their employees should be provided with the necessary forms. As a sign of respect for my superior i did not argue with him about it and he said that he'll give me a copy of the forms later on that day. 3 days passed and I still wasnt provided the forms. I asked him yesterday (july 31,2012) if i'll be able to receive my salary later on the same day. He said he still needs to ask the person in charge of computing the salary if thats going to be possible. The school was able to hire a new HR sometime in june but she resigned a week after. I know that the absence of HR in our branch is still not a reason for us teachers not to receive our salaries on time. Because of these unacceptable excuses given to me by my superior, i have decided to just quit my job as i feel that the management has failed to deal with their employees professionally and that these scenarios will just keep repeating from happening if i stay with them.

im planning on resigning from work and file a complaint against the school at nlrc. Do i have enough grounds to file a complaint against them? Will i still have a strong case against them if i resign first and then file a compliant? I just want to know the best legal solution regrding this matter. urgent response regarding this matter is very much needed. thank you.

2unpaid wages for almost 2 months Empty Re: unpaid wages for almost 2 months Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:49 am

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Even if you're resiging, still have money claim from that school..just keep your records as evidences.

3unpaid wages for almost 2 months Empty Re: unpaid wages for almost 2 months Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:11 pm

mel.key.16

Arresto Menor

1. Do not resign yet.
2. Panero is right, please keep all records.
3. You DO have a claim against the school, it's a labor case. You may file it at NLRC. You just need to go to the nearest office of NLRC near the school where you are working and accomplish a complaint form. Ask assistance from the LA-associate.It's free.
4. Your dean/school rep will be summoned in before a Labor Arbiter in the NLRC.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum