Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonded labor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bonded labor Empty Bonded labor Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:49 pm

exhausted_teacher

Arresto Menor

Is there any legality in bonded labor in the Philippines? In India, they abolished bonded labor in 1976 since it is a form of slavery.

I feel like a slave too. I signed a contract in May 2012 for my work as a teacher and it says I have to pay 100,000 pesos in case I resign. It says that the first year I will be provided training and also it binds me to two more years once they see me fit to teach. But there was no training, I started to teach immediately. We are constantly bombarded with negative words from the directress. There are CCTV cameras everywhere and the school feels like a jail. We cannot go on leave or else it is deducted from our very small salary. Even if there is a typhoon like yesterday, even without classes, we have to go to school. We have no benefits too, no SSS, no Philhealth, nothing!!! But we are being deducted tax. My salary is only 10,000 minus tax. I really cannot work in the school anymore. It has only been 2 months but my overall health is declining: physically, mentally, and emotionally. Too much stress in the work environment. Include the aggressive students who threaten your life. Please help. I don't know what to do but I cannot pay the 100,000 pesos. My co-teachers also feel the same way and we all want to resign.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum