Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minimum rendered time period to be eligible for overtime pay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Muncher

Arresto Menor

just wanted to inquire on what is the minimum time outside of the 8 work hour that will make me entitled to overtime pay. in the company im employed with, a call-center, our working hours are from 8am to 5pm from m-f. however every so often we are asked to stay 30 mins longer on the phones to offset the time we used for our short breaks in order to comply with the supposed client's directive that we need to complete 8hrs a day during weekdays.

are we then entitled to receive ot pay even if its only 30 mins? thing is, its stipulated in the employment contract which i signed that i have to render 44 hrs a week. and though we sometimes do saturday shifts, half-day at that, it isnt on regular basis. can my employer use this as a means to counter such ot pay requests? looking forward to your advice please. thanks!

attyLLL

the law is silent, but a strict interpretation would mean 1 minute above 8 hours should already be considered overtime

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum