Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment after 17 years

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Annulment after 17 years Empty Annulment after 17 years Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:53 pm

blackrows

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney,
I am interested to file an annulment. i eloped when i was 17years old. gave birth to my eldest son, same year. after giving birth, we secured marriage license. i was 18 years old, my father did not give me a consent because he does not want to acknowledge me as his daughter, same reason why he did not sign on my birth certificate. he is a lawyer. parents of my partner pushed us to get married because of their religion’s requirement. In order to push through, the father of my partner influenced me to forge the signature of my father. He said, what is important is we get married. I read the grounds for annulment. Is this possible to apply in my case? I am worried, as Art. 47 discuss timeframe of just 5 years. By the way, my father in law and my father are deceased.
After 7years of getting married, I was forced to make a decision to leave him because of his drug addiction. Took my 2 kids with me. From then till now, 17 years after, we did not get any support from him. Though we know his whereabouts, but we cannot rely on anything since he does not have capability to do. Does not have a permanent job and has his own life with his partner and 3 kids. I also had 3 kids from other partner.
I could not file an annulment then as I do not have means to finance it. Could I still possibly get it? How about my benefits? I have been working for 17 years and just like my SSS, in case I’m dead, will he has the right to claim? I have a housing loan, a low-cost house, will he has the right to own it? What workaround can I possibly do?
Your advices are highly appreciated.
Thank you, more power and God Bless.

2Annulment after 17 years Empty Re: Annulment after 17 years Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

attyLLL

you'll need another ground for annulment. as of now you are still considered married with all that comes with it. consider filing a petition for separation of property.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Annulment after 17 years Empty Re: Annulment after 17 years Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm

blackrows

Arresto Menor

thank you for your quick response. How about drug addiction as ground for annulment, which happened to be the main reason why we separated?

4Annulment after 17 years Empty Re: Annulment after 17 years Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:57 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

blackrows wrote:thank you for your quick response. How about drug addiction as ground for annulment, which happened to be the main reason why we separated?

Drug addiction is only for legal separation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum