Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Married 15 years ago but only lived together for 2 weeks. Now wanting to file an annulment.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lorianne.pitt

Arresto Menor

Hi. I'm seeking advice regarding my past marriage which happened 15 years. I was only 22 years old back then and the marriage was very sudden. We lived together for 2 weeks but due to our differences, we decided to part ways. When I went to the NSO and asked if my name and my ex's name is registered, they confirmed it. Does that mean the marriage we had had a marriage license or was valid? I'm currently in a relationship and we're planning to get married. My ex already has a family of his own. If I will file an annulment, how long will it be until it gets approved? Another question is, can I marry while the annulment is being processed? How much will the processing cost? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

busty

Arresto Menor

Your marriage is valid and existing you cannot file a declaration of nullity of marriage by reason of your differences it is not a ground for annulling a marriage. If your wife happens to have a family and she married another person that is bigamy because your marriage is still valid and LEGALLY existing same thing that mat happens to you if you will marry another girl you will commit bigamy. You cannot file a annulment whatsoever. That is my opinion ok.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

You need to seek for an annulment in order to be free from your HUSBAND, Annulment usually takes 2 years or more and can cost you up to 200K. If he already has his own family, I doubt he will object if you file an annulment. You cannot marry while its on going process, if you do! you are entering BIGAMY.

lorianne.pitt

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your responses. It was a hurried marriage, and when I checked for the license number it does not exist in the registry. I'm past my 30s now and really want to settle down for good.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

lorianne.pitt wrote:Thank you for your responses. It was a hurried marriage, and when I checked for the license number it does not exist in the registry. I'm past my 30s now and really want to settle down for good.

If there is no marriage license, then your marriage is void. If this is the situation, then the case that should be filed is declaration of nullity of marriage, not annulment.

Should you need legal assistance, please PM me.
Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

If you are 100% sure na wala kayoing marriage license, then your marriage is void. Yung dapat na i-file dun is nullity of marriage, not annulment.

If you need more info on how to go about this, please PM me.
-Atty. Katrina

lorianne.pitt

Arresto Menor

What happened is that the license number in the marriage contract (NSO) is entirely different from the local registry. What should I file, declaration of nullity of marriage or annulment?

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

lorianne.pitt wrote:What happened is that the license number in the marriage contract (NSO) is entirely different from the local registry. What should I file, declaration of nullity of marriage or annulment?

Ok, let's clarify the facts ha. Did you or did you not apply for a marriage license when you were married?

lorianne.pitt

Arresto Menor

We were not able to apply for a marriage license, the "reverend" processed all the papers and just gave it to us the day after the wedding. We married at Manila City Hall but the marriage was registered in Cavite, they said it was easier to process it there.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Ok, in that case, there is no marriage license. The action should be for declaration of nullity of marriage. I recommend for you to take action immediately since you mentioned that you want to settle down for good.

Should you need legal assistance, please PM me.
-Atty. Katrina

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum