Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Empty ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:52 am

littleme

Arresto Menor

Hi I really need some advice. We recently joined this contest online wherein we have to submit audition videos. We were also asked to campaign for our video since "views" that our video will receive counts for 15% of the total score. The page often encourages fans to keep on viewing the videos. We were 3k views away from our closest opponent. However, the night before they were suppose to announce the winners they changed the distribution of points in the criteria leaving the "video views" from 15% down to 10%. We were not informed by the organizer that they made changes, it just so happen that we check the criteria they posted and we found out it was changed. We already felt that something fishy was going on, but still we waited for the announcement the next day. And to our surprise our closest opponent won. We could have taken our defeat if they did not changed the criteria the last minute. We worked hard to campaign for those views. Is there anything that we can do?

2ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Empty Re: ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm

attyLLL

if you can prove all these allegations, i'd say there's a case here for damages.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Empty ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:39 am

littleme

Arresto Menor

What we have is a screen shot of the page replying to our comment stating that they really changed the criteria...

"Due to some technicalities that are beyond our control we had to make the necessary adjustments on our criteria. Rest assured that all the finalists were judged using the same set of criteria in the presence of authorized representatives."

You think that's possible? there's no guarantee that we would win the contest... It's just that we were the most affected by this changes since we were leading interms of views...

4ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Empty Re: ONLINE CONTEST - CHANGE OF CRITERIA Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 am

attyLLL

imo, it is not right to change the criteria so late, and by doing so, you are entitled to damages.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum