Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

mediation on debt

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1mediation on debt Empty mediation on debt Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 am

malu

Arresto Menor

someone owes me money who i have filed other deceits in court already which she pleaded not guilty & we are ordered to undergo mediation which i think they will comply...how much maximum interest & legal fees can i add up to her existing debt (since 2007 )? how much is legal & which the mediation officer can & will impose on her? thanks..please reply asap...

2mediation on debt Empty Re: mediation on debt Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

attybutterbean

The mediator cannot impose the terms of payment. At most, she can only recommend. Thus, if either party could not agree on how much and when to pay despite the intervention of the mediator, the latter will terminate the mediation proceedings and the case will revert back to court.

As to the interest and legal fees, you can perhaps ask for a 12% annual interest. This is the legal rate of interest. For the legal fees, you can perhaps demand for the actual expenses you have incurred such as the lawyer's acceptance fee, appearance fee, fee for preparation of pleading, filing fee, etc.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum