Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Court Mediation/JDR on Debt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Court Mediation/JDR on Debt  Empty Court Mediation/JDR on Debt Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:46 pm

elisha021

Arresto Menor

I have defaulted payment with my credit card which amounted to 240,000 due to financial issues as my husband had a heart attack and underwent procedure. He was in ICU for sometime. Because of that my capacity to pay was affected.
I wasny able to settle it with the collection agrncy and a case was filed at MTC.
We submitted our affidavit upon receipt of summons and sought assistance from Pao. Since then I never received a notice to appear from court. Until I was surprised to receive a motion to reset hearing from the bank's counsel. Aside from finding out that there was a hearing today (which the bank counsel moved) There was already mediation hearing which we failed to show up because we didnt receive any notification.
I appeared in court today and the court personbel advised me to contact the bank's counsel for negotiation.

Currently I am jobless and have limited income as a freelancer. Same with my husband because of his illness. We do not own any property. I am open to negotiation so as to avoid litigation but I am hoping it would be on terms which is doable on our part. Our pao lawyer is not offering any advice.

Should I consult another lawyer for advice?
Would it be possible for the bank to agree on terms which would be doable given our current state of finances?

Last edited by elisha021 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lack of details on title)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum