Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Empty PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Wed May 16, 2012 6:01 pm

mitzchie

Arresto Menor

My husband's parents owned several properties. His mother died years ago and his father remarried where they have 3 kids. My father in-law died few months ago. But before the father died he transferred one of the property which was previously owned by him and his 1st wife to his 3kids. Is the transfer legal? Does my husband and his siblings should have a part on the said property since they are the legal heir of the 1st wife? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

2PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Empty Re: PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Thu May 17, 2012 12:50 am

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

If he has other property and the legitime of your husband and his siblings is not affected then it is legal and valid.

3PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Empty Re: PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Fri May 18, 2012 3:42 pm

mitzchie

Arresto Menor

I just want to clarify about the word" is not affected"? Because they would want to contest the authenticity of the transfer.The reason being that the property was owned by their mother and father and not the 2nd family. Another reason is that the transfer states that it is their mother and father who gave the property to their half brother and sister which at the time it was transferred, their mother was already dead. Thanks po.

4PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Empty Re: PROPERTY TRANSFER LEGAL BA? Sat May 19, 2012 11:16 am

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Its like this, if your husband father and mother owned say 10M worth of property when the mother died, the father owns 5M and part of the other 5M. Now if he gave 2M of the 5M he owns, then your husband cannot invalidate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum