Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please advise

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Please advise Empty Please advise Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 am

imwondering

Arresto Menor

Long story here..
I an american citizen got married in south korea to a filipina. We went our seperate ways and never reistered our marriage with the nso in the Philippines. Since then I have married another girl in the Philippines and now she is threatening to file a case against me and her, but she will not tell me what for.

What can she charge me with, what would the penalty be, and what can i do to stop it.?

I am worried about my wife now, and what can happen to her, more than me.. Should I stay out of the Philippines until I get a resolution.? I dont know what to do, but I have to do something to end this or make her stop.

Please help in any way you can. I know I should have filed a divorce first, but I never thought it was recognized anywhere but Korea. Please tell me what I should do.

2Please advise Empty Re: Please advise Wed May 09, 2012 11:35 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Your marriage in Korea is valid and recognized here in the Philippines even if it was not registered at the NSO, your first wife can register it later. Now since under the Philippine law you are legally married, and you contracted 2nd marriage in the Philippines without divorcing your wife or annulling the marriage, you can be charged with bigamy.

Penalty would be imprisonment from 6-8 years.

Get out of the country and divorce your wife in Korea or in the US.

3Please advise Empty Re: Please advise Thu May 10, 2012 12:50 pm

chantel

Arresto Menor

Who will be liable for bigamy? Will it be the husband only or including the 2nd wife if she's in bad faith (knowledgeable of the 1st marriage)?

Thanks,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum