Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

losing child support case

+3
attyLLL
concepab
dream123
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1losing child support case Empty losing child support case Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

hi atty.

what are the instances in which a RA 9262 economic abuse will be dismissed by the court?

i am just worried about my case against my ex and we will be having our 4th hearing soon.

thanks.

2losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

dream123 wrote:hi atty.

what are the instances in which a RA 9262 economic abuse will be dismissed by the court?

i am just worried about my case against my ex and we will be having our 4th hearing soon.

thanks.

If you failed to provide enough evidence or failed to show enough grounds.. or failed to prove that your ex-husband is not providing sufficient financial support.

3losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 pm

attyLLL

agree. again, cases are about evidence.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

im quite confused and worried right now, i dont know what will be their defense...

what can be my best counter if he will use the following defense?

1. i am asking too much, 10k a month on my application for support pendente lite and he can only give 6k a month bec. he has 2 kids already form his family although he is earing 35k monthly.

2. he's afraid that i will retaliate again if i do not get what i want to the point na mangugulo ako sa family nia.

3. accdg to him, he cannot give bec. i filed a case although he did not give anything before i filed.

thanks.

5losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 pm

attyLLL

wait for him to make his defense. hard to speculate. but 6k monthly for a child is a very substantial amount.

6losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:29 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

i will only accept the 6k monthly support if he will agree to pay the hospital bills, baptismal and the previous support that he failed to pay... do you think it is acceptable and will be granted atty?

thank you.

7losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 pm

attyLLL

i can say yes, but no guarantee that the judge will rule the same

8losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

hi atty,

if you can still remember, i filed a motion for support pendente lite. On our next hearing, it will be for resolution already, but my ex's lawyer said that it is not possible bec it is only applicable if i filed a protection order. please enlighten me atty. What can i counter against them.

thanks.

9losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 am

attyLLL

i would not agree, because support is allowed even in criminal cases

10losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Tue May 29, 2012 3:20 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

hi atty,

we had our hearing again last week and my ex and his lawyer already asked me and the fiscal for a compromise agreement which will be done this week. do you think i should agree with it or just continue with the case bec. i have a feeling that my case is strong. your thoughts atty...

thanks.

11losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Tue May 29, 2012 9:10 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

dream123 wrote:hi atty,

we had our hearing again last week and my ex and his lawyer already asked me and the fiscal for a compromise agreement which will be done this week. do you think i should agree with it or just continue with the case bec. i have a feeling that my case is strong. your thoughts atty...

thanks.

what are your bargains?

12losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Tue May 29, 2012 11:06 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

Rule 8.02 - A lawyer shall not, directly or indirectly, encroach upon the professional employment of another lawyer, however, it is the right of any lawyer, without fear or favor, to give proper advice and assistance to those seeking relief against unfaithful or neglectful counsel.

Please take note that we are governed by our Code of Professional Responsibility. It seems that you already have a lawyer. Unless your lawyer is unfaithful or neglectful of his duties to you, it s but proper for us to abstain from giving our professional advise.

13losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:42 am

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

hi atty,

what do you mean my provisional dismissal? They wanted me to sign an affidavit of desistance but my fiscal doesn't approve and said provisional dismissal only.

If i signed the compromise agreement, will his NBI hit be removed and his bail be given back to him?

we haven't signed anything yet bec. it will be finalized nexw week and i do not agree with the amount that he indicated.

thanks.

14losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:34 am

attyLLL

ibon, it's ok, she doesn't have a private lawyer; just the prosecutor who seems bent on having her case dismissed.

dream, if you don't agree on the amount don't desist. you cannot have the case reinstated. if the amount is ok, what i did for another client was to have the monthly allotments for the next ten years be secured through post dated checks

15losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

however, if the check bounced it will be another case...

the fiscal told me that it is better to sign the compromise agreement bec if not, my ex might be pushed to the wall and resign to his job and the worst is i may not get anything at all.

so confused atty...

thanks...

16losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:09 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

concepab wrote:
dream123 wrote:hi atty,

thanks.

what are your bargains?

concepab- my bargains are the ff:

6k monthly support with increase yearly not yet finalized
40k medical bills on my CS birth
10k bills on my daughter's baptism
30k for the previous support he failed to give me. My daughter is already 2 yrs old.

he only agree with the 6k monthly and 20k medical bills which i think is very unfair and unacceptable.

17losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 am

attyLLL

don't forget about school and emergency expenses such as hospitalization. but i believe 6k a month is substantial especially if there is escalation, but i suggest you do not make it yearly.

if you are willing to lose the offer then reject it and continue with the case.

18losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 am

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

then what do you think atty? if not yearly?

what do you think is the acceptable and normal support from the father that can be approved by the court? he is earning about 40k monthly with by and sell of car parts as sideline? however, he has already 2 kids as well.

i am currently jobless as i resigned from my work bec his wife is harrassing me again.

i am thinking of just pursuing the case and just make sure that the support pendente lite will be approved by the court.

thanks atty...

19losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:09 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

up

20losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:10 pm

attyLLL

make escalation every 3 years. if you don't find their offer acceptable then continue with the case. i believe your motion should have merit.

21losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:29 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

if there is a provisional dismissal in the case if i will sign the compromise agreement, will his NBI hit be removed and bail be returned to my ex?

thank you attyLLL.

22losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 pm

attyLLL

no, his nbi record will not be removed until the case is dismissed with finality. as for bail, unlikely but judge might grant it.

23losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

hi atty,

i am quite dissapointed with the compromise agreement drafted bec the fiscal is not granting the request that i wanted to be included. What do you think atty, should i just continue with the case?

i have talked to some people who already filed a case and told me to like "bribe" the fiscal bec she my case is on her hands but i'm not sure about it.

thanks.

24losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 pm

dream123

Reclusion Temporal

up

25losing child support case Empty Re: losing child support case Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 pm

attyLLL

you are not disallowed from dealing with the other side directly. again 6k a month is not a bad amount, but ultimately the choice is yours to make.

the weakness in your case is that the father did not sign the birth certificate; he was just ill-adivised enough to admit it during the prelim investigation. but note, the records of the PI are not automatically included in the records.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum