Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compulsory OT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Compulsory OT Empty Compulsory OT Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:50 am

maldita1218

Arresto Menor

Hi,Atty:

I just need to clarify an issue.

We were asked to sign a compulsory OT memo,stating that we need to render 22hrs of OT for a month, and sanction will be given if we fail to meet the required number of hours. But upon checking the Labor Code,there is no such term as COMPULSORY OT and as far as I know,OT should be voluntary,right?

In the case of Article 89 of the Labor Code,does this apply to BPO/Call Center as well,or is it just for industries using machineries like factories and the like?

Thank you in advance.

2Compulsory OT Empty Re: Compulsory OT Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:13 am

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

is the signing of the memo required..meaning to say the is the memo a condition for your continued employment in your company?

You may ask the DOLE regarding this issue..bring a compy of the said memo and ask if this is allowed under the current rules and regulation of DOLE.

3Compulsory OT Empty Re: Compulsory OT Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:11 pm

maldita1218

Arresto Menor

Yes,signing of the memo us required. It states that sanction will be given if the compulsory it is not complied with. Is this legal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum