Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

legality about not accepting students who are taking back subject

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

yolly

Arresto Menor

helo, i am a public school teacher, may i ask if is it okay not to accept anymore the students who are taking back subject in my class since they failed to appear during the first grading and 2nd grading period despite the appeal of their parents and advisers. they are graduating students. am i not going to violate the EFA based on human rights law? thanks

attybutterbean

The EFA (Education for All) is a global initiative which aims to provide education needs for all children, youth and adults by 2015. Being a signatory in this global pact, it is incumbent upon the Philippine government to make education accessible not only to the majority of the Filipino people but to ALL Filipinos.

Having said this, it is my view that your situation does not fall within the scope of EFA because: (a) Fulfillment of the EFA duties lies with the government of the Philippines through the creation of agencies or bodies as well as the adoption of policies and measures designed to ensure that the EFA goals are attained; and (b) There is no enabling law based on EFA prohibiting teachers from rejecting students for valid cause.

In any case, I suggest that you give due consideration to your students. They may have their respective valid or compelling reasons for their failure to appear during the first and second grading period. Why not give them a chance to be in your class and allow them to take the upcoming examination/s. If they passed the exam, they have established their worth to become part of the graduating class. If they fail, it is always your prerogative as teacher to fail students who do not pass the exam.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum