Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue Empty Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:06 pm

pico24i

Arresto Menor

Good day.
I am going to India to avail of their surrogacy services because I want to have a child. I will be the Sperm donor and another unrelated Egg donor will be fertilized in the womb of a surrogate mother.

In Indian Law, the birth certificate shall bear only the name of the man or the woman availing of the surrogacy program. The surrogate mother's name will not be mentioned at all. Thus, it will be left blank.

I want to bring the child home. However, only the Father's name is stated in the birth certificate (atypical of the illegitimately-born child where the mother's name is stated) Will i have any problems getting a travel document from the Philippine embassy if that's the case?

Currently, i cannot find any information on that since most literature are on certificates with mother's names only.

2Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue Empty Re: Advice of Surrogate Mother Issue Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:20 pm

attyLLL

wow, what a unique situation.

limiting my answer to the issue of travel document. the process should be that you file the birth certificate with the philippine embassy or consulate, and if they do not raise an objection to the mom issue, then you should be able to get the proper docs to come back here.

as to the question how to handle a birth cert without a mother on it, it is a conundrum created by clashing international laws. and i don't know how it can be reconciled.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum