Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if there are more than 10 days in 1 cutoff?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jylcie

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I would like to seek help regarding a question that none of my bosses nor HR/payroll could answer.

You see, our cutoff starts on the 6th and ends on the 20th. On a normal 2-week period, we should have 80 hours (10 days, 8 hours/day), which is the only expected number of hours we are supposed to work. Anything beyond 80 hours is already considered overtime (for rank-and-file employees).

However, there are some cutoff dates that have 11 days. From March 6 to March 20, for example (we have Saturdays and Sundays off). Which means, for this cutoff, we are working for 88 hours.

So here are my questions based on that scenario:

1. Are we supposed to be paid for that extra one day of work?

2. What are the actions we should take if we are not being paid for that one extra day of work (payroll only grants payment for 80 hours of work)?

3. Of course, this scenario also concerns me. Should managerial employees be paid for that one extra day of work (but not as overtime pay, but a regular, daily rate)?

I hope my question is clear. Please do advise me on this one, because I do have employees working under me and not being able to answer their question just bugs me. I would like to make sure that everyone is being treated fairly.

Thanks!

attyLLL

for monthly paid employees, you have to look at it from an annual perspective. how many days are you paid for in the year, ask what factor they use.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Jaht

Arresto Menor

you should know first if you are daily paid or monthly paid,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum