Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

SL/VL Conversion

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SL/VL Conversion  Empty SL/VL Conversion Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Delta600

Arresto Menor

Good day.

I have been an employee of this BPO company in Laguna since July, 2010.The company converted unused Sick Leave and Vacation Leave last payout.But a lot of us were really surprised and disappointed because not everybody got the full amount ( five days for sick leave and five days for vacation leave) that we were expecting. Some of us only got one or two working day's worth of the conversion amount. If I am not mistaken, I've read that CBA mandates companies to convert unused SL/VL into cash. I have more than 140 hours of leave accruals and they are forfeiting 80 hours of it by March.The rest is to be used for the remaining time of the year. But filing for a leave is always a difficult process (we are understaffed), so i think i'll just be saying goodbye to my 80 hours come March.We've filed for a dispute but we have not heard anything from the HR.

Is the company in line with the labor policy? Is there any chance that our unused SL/VL will be converted into cash? If not, why? Unless I am given a valid and reasonable explanation, i will think it's unfair.I'd really appreciate it if your good office will respond to my inquiry so i can share it with my fellow employees.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum