Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expert Advice Please? - Sale of business, transaction cancelled.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dune_dude

Arresto Menor

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and hopefully, i'd get advice from our experts here.

Here are the chronology of events:
1. I was offered to buy a store by Mr. X with a total cost of Php300k. I figured it was a little overpriced but I accepted since it's in front of a school.

2. I paid 20k downpayment, without any documentations except for an acknowledgement receipt saying it is a downpayment.

3. I spoke to the owner of the building, Mr. Y, where the store is renting a space and asked if i can do other business using the space. Also, i requested that major repairs on the space shall be shouldered by him (leaking roof). He got mad and told me he doesn't want to give me the space.

4. I spoke to Mr. X and told him the transaction cannot push through anymore since I don't have the space anymore.

5. Mr. X told me that the down payment will be forfeited.

Is it justifiable? Can i still claim back my money?

Advice please? God bless!

attyLLL

the legal remedy is to send a demand letter then a small claims case. rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum