Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

floating status due to health reasons

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1floating status due to health reasons Empty floating status due to health reasons Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:56 pm

tquilahspice

Arresto Menor

Hello!

I work in an inbound call center since March 2009. It started January of 2012 when I started to use all my vacation leaves and sick leaves for the year due to my sickness, vocal fold edema (hoarseness of voice) and the doctor advised me to rest my voice for 4-6months as this may again occur if not properly cured. And starting this month, I am now on LOA without pay. This concern has already been forwarded to our HR since January 2012 and I’m not getting any words from them yet. As part of our company policy, I can apply for other department in our company that is non-voice account; unfortunately, they did not accept my application due to my salary.

We already have several cases from our department regarding hoarseness of voice requiring them to rest. My co-employees had been on a floating status for 6months due to this sickness since HR is still looking for a job that might fit our needs and it ended they were forced to resign by the company.

What do I need to do? I do not want to go to that extent wherein I’m forced to resign since they cannot find a job for me. Is it possible that company should pay me for the days/months that I’m on LOA since in the first place it’s not my fault that I got this illness?

I would really appreciate your response.

Thank you.

2floating status due to health reasons Empty Re: floating status due to health reasons Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:42 pm

attyLLL

don't resign, but at some point you have to go back to work. at most they can put you on floating status up to 6 mos then you will be entitled to separation pay.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

tquilahspice

Arresto Menor

what if they terminate me in 6 months with separation pay but the illness is curable within 6 months with proper medical attention? Is it legal for them to terminate me?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum