Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination and backpay issues

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1termination and backpay issues Empty termination and backpay issues Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:31 am

emperorpalpatine

Arresto Menor

Ive been working on this specific BPO company for a year and a half (july 2010- nov 2, 2011). last july of 2011 we were moved to a new account since our last account was transfered in india. somewhere in october, ive commited a offence for no call no show for personal reasons without calling my supervisor, but i fully understand that this offence would be a 5 day suspension and i accepted it wholeheatedly. however in november 1 2011, the account was not sucessfull becouse we were not earning any revenues at all (a non-voice account) thus, they informed us that we will be moved to a new account, but the next day. they terminated me and my friend for the no call no show offence. i talked to the HR manager and she said that they only provide a 5 day suspension for humanitarian reasons like floods, their children being taken to the hospital and etc. i said that i know a lot of people in the company that already has a 5 day suspension and that i did not went to work on that day becouse "wala akong pamasahe" honestly. but they stay firm with their decision and terminated me.

just this febuary 10 2012, i got my backpay for that specific company and i was expecting that i would be paid by my: remaining 13th month, tex return, unused vacation leaves. which would garner an estimated ammount of 22+ thousand pesos, but when i was about to sign my claim form, my backpay is only 11,000 which would break down to my 13th month pay for 8,000 and some remaining prorated meal allowances. i spoke to an HR payroll and she said that they dont provide unused vl to people who are terminated.

please, i need all of this to be straightened up, i want to know if there is something wrong and if i need to to some action to get my justice. please also provide me the address of DOLE.

thank you so much for reading.

2termination and backpay issues Empty Re: termination and backpay issues Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 pm

attyLLL

it is my position that ncns, particularly only one instance, should not be a valid cause for termination. your remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc for illegal dismissal. contact me at attylllaw @ gmail.com if you need more info.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3termination and backpay issues Empty additional info Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:10 am

emperorpalpatine

Arresto Menor

this would not be my first instaces for ncns but as far as company policies concern or labor code (if there is one), sanctions should be as follows: written warning, final warning, 3 day suspension, 5 day suspension and termination. i was not given the opportunity for a 5 day suspension and terminated me right away, on the other hand, my coworkers were provided a 5 day suspension.

would this still be a case that i can file against my company, what about my final pay?, did they audit it properly accoriding to the labor code?

please help me straighten this out.

god speed

4termination and backpay issues Empty Terminated but erroneosly paid Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Khuno Abogacia

Arresto Menor

A friend of mine was terminated due to a just cause five months ago. The notice of termination was sent to his residence. However, two months ago, he recieved an advice from his previous employer that he has a separation check awaiting him. Though aware that he is not entitled to it per their company policy, he still and was able to claim the check.

However, after claiming the check he received an instruction from the company to return the check. According to the advice , there was an error in the processing and in records.

In case my friend cannot return the full amount anynore, can the company legally file a case against my friend? Have read some article that talks about "unjust enrichment". Is this applicable in his case?

5termination and backpay issues Empty Re: termination and backpay issues Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 pm

attyLLL

palapatine, don't base your complaint on the suspension issue if you were already terminated.

khuno, technically yes based on unjust enrichment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum