Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

AWOL of TEACHERS

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AWOL of TEACHERS Empty AWOL of TEACHERS Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Titser Greg

Arresto Menor

Good day!
May I just seek legal advice on behalf of my fellow teachers who have received a Memorandum from the office of the Asst. Division Superintendent of Albay and telling them that they committed AWOL. They did not/are not asking for any monetary aid from MOOE and SEF and all money spent came from their own pockets. They really feel that as school paper advisers they lack knowledge on technical writing since they are elementary teachers unlike the high school teachers who really have their major subjects back in college, that's why they really wished to attend the training. By the way, these 8 teachers are coming from 4 schools of Polangui South District. Here's the content of their Memo:

"Despite the absence of an approved travel order by this Office and the Regional Office, you left your station to attend the National Seminar WOrkshop on Campus Journalism at ECOTECH Center, Lahug, Cebu City on January 20-22, 2012.
Apparently, the act is a plain case of deliberate defiance to an implied office decision tantamount to insubordination which warrants appropriate penalty/sanction
Since unauthorized, the said travel made cannot be charged to government funds, both MOOE and SEF. It can be said therefore that you are guilty of incurring absences without official leave (AWOL) on January 19, 20, and 23, 2012 as the case maybe."

Sgd. by the ADS

Their questions are:
(1)Are they going to be OUT of the service at DepED?
(2)They have submitted their request for authority to travel weeks or days before the travel but not approved, so they decided to use vacation leave, however, the division office DID NOT accept the said leave, are they going to be served with separation from service because of that matter?

Hoping for your "help" to ease the mental stress of my fellow teachers.

Thanks and Godbless!!! Very Happy

2AWOL of TEACHERS Empty Re: AWOL of TEACHERS Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 pm

attyLLL

i don't know enough about civil service law. best to inquire at the CSC or the DEPED

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3AWOL of TEACHERS Empty Re: AWOL of TEACHERS Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:59 am

islesv

Arresto Menor

The memo does not say that they are going to be separated from the service, right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum