Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unremitted withholding tax

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unremitted withholding tax Empty unremitted withholding tax Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 pm

lawquest

Arresto Menor

I filed an illegal dismissal case against my former employer but later agreed to an amicable settlement. I was given my separation pay which they termed retirement pay in 2006 for 26 years of service.

In 2009 I found out that they didn't remit the withholding tax of P170,000 to the BIR and I wrote them several letters to give it back to me instead of being penalized by BIR. They refused and told me it was just placed in the computation -- they gave me a copy -- to determine how much should I get in the amicable settlement.

I felt I was cheated. This amount belongs to me and my family. I know that separation pays are not taxable.

Can I still get it? What should I do? The officials (priests) refuse to even see me/talk to me.

2unremitted withholding tax Empty Re: unremitted withholding tax Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

attyLLL

file a complaint at bir

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum