Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unused Leaves with a twist

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unused Leaves with a twist Empty Unused Leaves with a twist Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:34 pm

hardworkingemployee

Arresto Menor

Summary: Employees are being forced to consume or use ALL their accumulated leaves so that zero(0) are left.

Background:
1.Regular employees of company X are given 20 Time OFFs(T.O.) per year. T.O. can be used as either for sickness or for vacation.
2.It has been documented company policy for the past 7 years to convert a maximum of 15 unused TO's into cash.

Twist:
1.Managers are now requiring/forcing employees to consume the T.O.'s so that zero are left.

Questions/Arguments:
1.By philippine labor law,employees should not be forced to use up to 5 SIL. Can company X force employees to use up ALL their T.O.s?
2. If the answer to first question is "YES".Can company X force employees to use up 5 or 10 or 15?
3. Can we file a complaint case with DOLE on the basis that "it was standard company policy for the past 7 years. There was no formal memo or advisory circulated."?

Thank you in advance.

2Unused Leaves with a twist Empty Re: Unused Leaves with a twist Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:41 pm

attyLLL

i don't believe this matter has been settled, and you have the right to question it in DOLE.

IMO, it can be allowed.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum