Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Intervention of the offended party in criminal action

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mangjayson

Arresto Menor

Sec. 16. Intervention of the offended party in criminal action. – Where the civil action for recovery of civil liability is instituted in the criminal action pursuant to Rule 111, the offended party may intervene by counsel in the prosecution of the offense.

What does "the offended party may intervene by counsel in the prosecution of the offense" mean? Does it have anything to do with say, when i filed a complaint against somebody and i am not the offended party, then the offended party can intervene? What happens when he intervenes?

attyLLL

that provision refers to civil damages. if the offended party is seeking civil damages, he can be represented by counsel to take part in the case.

note, technically, the coomplainant in a criminal case is the state, not the person who was directly injured. that is why it's people of the philippines vs. xxx.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum