Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Citizen.. overstaying, lost passport

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1passport - US Citizen.. overstaying, lost passport Empty US Citizen.. overstaying, lost passport Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 pm

neraksyrhk

Arresto Menor

Hi,
My bf is US Citizen by birth, but his parents are both Filipino. He's staying here in the Philippines since 2006, but he still leaves the country at least once a year.

Nawala po yung passport nya, di namin alam kung last year pa o just this year. Lumipat kasi sila ng bahay nung Nov 2010 and lumipat uli nung July 2011. Recently, nakita ko yung photocopy ng passport nya sa papeles ko, at expired ito ng JUNE 2011. Di ko na din maalala kung lumabas ba sya ng bansa last year.

Ang tanong ko po ay, overstaying po ba sya dito? kung sakaling ang huling labas nya ng bansa ay Dec 2009 pa? Malaki po ba ang penalties nun?

Nawala yung passport nya, sa US embassy na lang ba kami kukuha ng kapalit o kailangan pa po ng police report? kaso di naman nanakaw, nawala lang.

Is there a possibility na madeport sya? Di pa kasi nya kayang bumalik dun financially. May work say ngayon dito, alam na US citizen sya pero di naman hinanapan ng documents.

Salamat po.

attyLLL

he should just go to the his embassy to get a new passport.

he should not be working if he has no working permit from the dole.

what year was he born?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

neraksyrhk

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply Atty. Smile

He was born Nov 1984

He wasn't asked for a working permit. He's working in one of the big BPO in the country. Is he not a dual citizen since he's a US citizen only by birth? Is he overstaying here?

Thanks! Smile

attyLLL

i agree he is a dual citizen, but the best proof of filipino citizenship would be to have a philippine passport. does he have a filipino birth certificate?

if he came in as an american, then the presumption is that he is an alien and he needs a permit

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

neraksyrhk

Arresto Menor

I see..

None, he doesn't have a Filipino birth certificate and his passport if from US.

I guess we need to visit the embassy for this and get a permit.

Thank you and more power! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum