Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit card Conflicts... pls. help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Credit card Conflicts... pls. help  Empty Credit card Conflicts... pls. help Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:32 pm

bheaian

Arresto Menor

Good day sir,

I was hoping to seek an advice regarding my case... i was an equitable cardholder & I had an existing credit when the bank close. At that time po financially unstable po ako and I cant remember if I receive any letter coming from them na magcoclose na sila. So na stop din po ako sa pagpayment. After a year po ng stable na po yung work ko. I look back to my obligations including this account & i heard from a former officemate who happens to be a former equitable card holder too, told me na nagmerge daw ang BDO and equitable. I called DBO hotline and ask assistance about paying my obligations to equitable. After a month i remember may dumating na bill sakin amounting to 47,798.19. I only have a 20k credit card limit & I believe I only use 14k of it. Eager to finish all responsibilities, I called them up to asked if theres anyway I could pay them in a paylite program. In short I pay religiously from july 2009 to march 2011 in any available amount I have without signing any agreement or waiver. The last time I talked to the person handling my account was on april of this year. Hindi po nagtally ang balance namin pareho... kaya kinabahan na ako. For two years po wala silang binigay na agreement sakin & even bills statement, The document I only have was my receipt from BDO paying to the account no na binigay nila sakin which is diff. from my equitable card no. Unlike po sa citibank kung saan naka paylite program ako but they still giving me a billing statement evry month and an agreement in which i signed. The next month po when their representative called me I ask for a hardcopy statement of my account, I also request for another amnesty program from them if theres any, because I also found out sa dati kong officemate na nang magclose daw di na rin sya nakareceive ng statement and until now hindi na rin sya nagbayad. Dapat po daw di ko na daw tinawagan, kasi negligence naman nila na we wasnt inform about the closure and where to pay. Last May po they called again forcing me to pay i told them na kung pwede provide muna nila ako ng statement of account or bills ko to know the whole amount & again if theres any amnesty program they can offer. The person on the other line told me just incase po daw mga 10k na lng daw ang kailangan kong i settle sa amnesty program na pwede nilang i offer sakin against sa 22k+ na remaining ko pa. So i said ok just pls. send me a statement or any proof the yun na lng babayaran ko. Few months past without any calls from them. I receive yesterday a demand letter from their legal to pay 25k+.

Ano po ba ang dapat kong gawin, Im a minimum wage earner in Rizal. A 25k is too hard for me to earn or produce in just a month or two.

Hoping for your advice & thank you in advance for your precious time.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum