Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination of Employment in the Philippines

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fred_zosa

Arresto Menor

Greetings,

I would like to know the process of termination here in the philippines, is there such a process that your boss would call you in his office and tell you to pack up all of your things cause you are suspended? then after an hour, an email was sent and text message stating...

Your employment with XXXX is terminated under Section 12 of the Independent Contractor Agreement as of 1am on Thursday July 21st.

Section 12 Termination. Company may terminate this Agreement immediately for any reason and shall not be obligated to make any further payments hereunder other than amounts accrued as of the date of termination.

I will arrange for your personal effects to be returned.

and thats it.....

lawddesign

lawyer

from the point of your contract, independent contractorship agreement, you are not an employee but a mere contractor.hence, the labor code does not apply to you
as it is the law on contracts that governs your relationship.

attyLLL

the question is whether you are truly an independent contractor or an employee. it's inconsistent that there is someone you consider a boss.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

fred_zosa

Arresto Menor

If we were made to sign the "independent contractural agreement" insted of a probationary contract. Was there motive to decieve at the on-set?

attyLLL

what is the nature of your work and the nature of your company?

fred_zosa

Arresto Menor

We were what you could say a call center, i was managing 2 shift managers, 1 QA and agents... we would do about 70% research and 30% calls to generate leads for our sales team in the US.

attyLLL

it doesn't sound like you are an independent contractor. the proper procedure for termination should be that you are given a first notice directing you to submit a written explanation, a hearing then another notice that you are terminated.

toni

Arresto Menor

i would like to know the policy for tardiness and absences of th employees..

lawddesign

lawyer

toni wrote:i would like to know the policy for tardiness and absences of th employees..

you need to check your code of conduct. each company has its own employee policy. the labor code simply lays down the general law.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum