Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

no employment contract, will resign.

+9
Cze
vane
joycejimibayrante
lanie10
lawddesign
citizen
rchrd
attyLLL
rage07
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty no employment contract, will resign. Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:27 am

rage07

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'am employed in certain company, for 7 months being employed until now my employer did not give us employment contract to signed in. Question can I just leave the company without getting liable since I haven't signed any contract with them? I'm planning to resign within two weeks.

Thanks,

2employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 am

attyLLL

you are still required to give 30 day notice

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:11 pm

rage07

Arresto Menor

thanks Atty.

Yeah I know there is a 30 day notice but since they did not presented an employment contract with us stating terms and conditions of leaving the company. It would only forfeit serving 30 day notice. Right?

4employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:04 pm

rchrd

rchrd

Not right. You still have to comply with the 30 day notice. You still have a valid contract of employment even though there it is not yet in writing.

5employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:44 am

attyLLL

and even without a written contract, you are still an employee

6employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:53 pm

citizen

Arresto Menor

is it under the Labor Code that an employee needs to have that 30 days notice? thanks.

7employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 pm

lawddesign

lawyer

citizen wrote:is it under the Labor Code that an employee needs to have that 30 days notice? thanks.

Book VI Title I of the Philippine Labor Code:

Art. 285. Termination by employee.

1. An employee may terminate without just cause the employee-employer relationship by serving a written notice on the employer at least one (1) month in advance. The employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.

2. An employee may put an end to the relationship without serving any notice on the employer for any of the following just causes:

1. Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;

2. Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;

3. Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and

4. Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.

The answers to your query by the forum bloggers are credible without asking for proof. Very Happy

8employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:18 pm

lanie10

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po.

Atty, i asked my employer to give me a contract but until now they can not provide me a copy. Almost 1yr and 2 mons n po ako sa company. Worry ko po is for may future, most are verbally stated like, 15 days annual leave and sick leave however unused VL and SL are not counted for the coming year dapat magamit mo that year din and SL not converted to cash and/or VL. Tenure of service is not clear for all employee basta may makukuha daw pag naka 5 years in service, etc...
Also, for the basic salary increase no definite terms or any % or if they have a basis to increase...

Hope you can help me on this.

9employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

joycejimibayrante

joycejimibayrante
Arresto Mayor

lanie10 wrote:Good afternoon po.

Atty, i asked my employer to give me a contract but until now they can not provide me a copy. Almost 1yr and 2 mons n po ako sa company. Worry ko po is for may future, most are verbally stated like, 15 days annual leave and sick leave however unused VL and SL are not counted for the coming year dapat magamit mo that year din and SL not converted to cash and/or VL. Tenure of service is not clear for all employee basta may makukuha daw pag naka 5 years in service, etc...
Also, for the basic salary increase no definite terms or any % or if they have a basis to increase...

Hope you can help me on this.

I am so concerned why you dont have a contract. Regular/full time jobs and even contractual jobs have written jon contract to sign before you being work.

About your SLs and VLs, I hope na me mga email evidences ka na nagcocommit sila of that number of leaves sayo. But without the written contract, employers are only mandated to give 5 SLs and 5VLs.

I suggest you raise that sa NLRC bcause your company is practicing unjust laor practices or worst, baka di sila lisensyado to operate. Protect yourself and consult DOLE. Lalo more than a year ka na.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmybayrante?ref=tn_tnmn

10employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

lanie10

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for prompt reply.

All of employees here has no contract maybe because we don't have HR or specific personnel for HR, ung accounting namin ung parang HR but di talaga un ung main function nla.

Is that okey if i'll make a draft of employee's contract then pa sign ko sa boss namin? ano ba dapat kong iconsider sa contract?

11employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm

joycejimibayrante

joycejimibayrante
Arresto Mayor

lanie10 wrote:Thank you so much for prompt reply.

All of employees here has no contract maybe because we don't have HR or specific personnel for HR, ung accounting namin ung parang HR but di talaga un ung main function nla.

Is that okey if i'll make a draft of employee's contract then pa sign ko sa boss namin? ano ba dapat kong iconsider sa contract?
The company should be the one drafting and creating the job contract. If they dont have any commitment on as to when they can give you that contract, then better consult labor so they can be audited.

https://www.facebook.com/jimmybayrante?ref=tn_tnmn

12employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

[quote="rage07"]thanks Atty.

Yeah I know there is a 30 day notice but since they did not presented an employment contract with us stating terms and conditions of leaving the company. It would only forfeit serving 30 day notice. Right? [/quote]

you are considered as a regular employee. and u have to give them 30 days notice if you are planning to resign. always cover your ass.. mas maganda ng sigurado:)..pag pumayag sila na mas short yung notice ng resignation mo, better. and may receiving ka dapat, proof na approved nila yun

13employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:35 pm

lanie10

Arresto Menor

thank you for the advised.

14employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:59 am

attyLLL

be careful lanie and step lightly. because some of those benefits are purely based on management prerogative. your real issue is with benefits not job security, and you should be looking for a policy on this not employee contracts

15employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:04 pm

Cze

Cze
Arresto Menor

I also resigned from work without 30 days notice, but when I resigned I am waiting for them to talk to me about it but our director just said that it's okay and asked me if it is my final decision, and I said yes ! Then he said Okay ! Am I still liable with the 30 days notice? I mean, if I want to get my 13th month pay and tax refund, can they take it against me?

16employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:27 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Cze wrote:I also resigned from work without 30 days notice, but when I resigned I am waiting for them to talk to me about it but our director just said that it's okay and asked me if it is my final decision, and I said yes ! Then he said Okay ! Am I still liable with the 30 days notice? I mean, if I want to get my 13th month pay and tax refund, can they take it against me?

If they give you written approval for an immediate resignation, then that's it.

Either way, with or without the 30 days notice, you are still entitled to the 13th month pay, etc...

http://www.councilviews.com

17employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Working Girl Pasig

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Is a job offer the same as an employment contract? Given that the JO states that signing of the actual contract will happen after 1 week from start of employment?

What if nagstart na po mag work na JO lang ang signed and hindi ang mismong kontrata? At Nabigay na po ang partial pre-employment requirements?

Pwede po bang magresign immediately sa isang company kung JO lang ang nasign mo at hindi actual contract?

Maghahabol ba ang employer?

Just wonderisng

18employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty Re: no employment contract, will resign. Tue May 24, 2016 2:20 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

If pumirma ka na sa JO, its considered that you have accepted the job offer and you are already bound by the 30 day notice rule unless nakasulat dun sa JO na hindi kelangan.
Pwede silang maghabol, although based from experience very few employers maghahabol if less than 1 week ka palang.

19employment - no employment contract, will resign. Empty no employment contract, will resign. Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:00 pm

NewInHR

Arresto Menor

Good day! I am just new in Human Resources. At least half of our company's employees don't have employment contracts. How should I date their contracts if I were to provide them?

Should I indicate the actual date they started on the "date signed" section (which definitely feels wrong) or should I just state in the contract that the effects of such agreement is retroactively effective on the actual date the employee started?

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum