Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got the resolution for RA9262. What's next?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

needinghelp

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Last January, I filed a RA9262 related to physical injury to my ex live in partner. He is a British citizen with tourist visa here in the Philippines. He submitted his counter affidavit last March and just last week, I received the resolution. It says that the case has been approved by the fiscal/judge because I have sufficient evidences and witnesses. My ex texted me and he said that he went to PAO to seek assistance. PAO lawyer told him the same that the case will prosper and that warrant of arrest will be issued soon. Is that true? How long before the warrant of arrest will be issued? Can he pay the bail and for how much? Also, will it appear on his NBI record in case he will get one because he is planning to get a job soon? Another thing is he is in the process of getting his temporary resident visa, will the case prevent him from getting a resident visa here?

What should I do next? Should I just wait for another letter for the first hearing? I am very busy at work 15 hours a day and have weekends off that's why I don't have time going to an attorney personally and I hope this forum will answer my queries.

lawddesign

lawyer

The tone of your message seems that you still care for the welfare of your ex. Getting a favorable resolution is advantageous to you and the concerns that you stated should be the concern of your ex and not yours. I just wonder why.

needinghelp

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I know it will sound like that but I just want to know what will happen to him because he keeps on texting and emailing me and I feel like I'm being harassed. I also want to know what I should do next after I got the resolution.

attyLLL

for the case to continue, it's either he files bail or he gets arrested. monitor which court the case is raffled to, and you can get a certified copy of the warrant of arrest then go to the police station nearest where he is.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

needinghelp

Arresto Menor

I have to get a certified copy of the warrant of arrest first and take it to a local police station in order for him to get arrested? It is not automatic?

And my other questions Attorney, will it reflect on his nbi and will it hinder his visa application?

attyLLL

it should reflect on his nbi. i do not know whether it will affect any visa application.

if you want to give the police a better chance to arrest him, that's the way. or you can take your chances that they will do it successfully on their own.

needinghelp

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Found out that he already paid the bail worth 24thousand pesos. What is going to happen now? Should I just wait for the first hearing or I need to do something else? Will it be sent through snail mail as well? If yes, usually, how long will it take for the first hearing to be scheduled after the filing of bail?

Thank you so much for your replies. Greatly appreciated. Smile

attyLLL

the best way to find out is to visit the court and find out when the arraignment is scheduled. if you wait for the notice, it arrive late.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum