Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I not finish the book and return the work money even if I signed the contract already?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Paul02

Arresto Menor

I am a first time writer of a book. I am so excited and hoping to finish the book as soon as possible. During the first meeting, the editor-in-chief said to us that we will be receiving 150K upon the completion of the book. That was two months ago. She said in the mean time,that 20K pesos will given to us as a work money and to be deducted in the 150K. Last Friday, I signed the contract for work money with that statement in mind. In the contract it says there that the work money will be given upon the completion of the book. When I ask her about the 150K, she said that it will not be given, royalty instead. I received an amount last Friday for the first payment of the work book. I didn't realize that the 130K will be lost. I signed the contract because first I am so excited for it, without realizing that amount I am receiving is too small for the electricity, internet connection as well as my labor. I signed two contracts, one is that I am the only author and the second is that we are group. When I rely this to my c0-author, they withdraw their commitment and do not want to continue. What will happen to me? Is it possible that I will just return the money that I received to them and do not continue anymore? How can I make more legal to also protect me? Please help me. I am so discouraged! After I signed it,until now, I stopped writing the book because of that. What will I do? Sad

attyLLL

a contract is the law between the parties. when it is set into writing, it is considered to contain all that was agreed upon to the exclusion of all other stipulations. you had every opportunity to review the contract first.

your best recourse is to negotiate. if you renege, you will be vulnerable for damages.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum