Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans Empty Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 am

plshelpmegod

Arresto Menor

Hi AttyLLL,

2 questions please,

Scenario 1:
Someone has a good credit history and reputation at financial institutions. This person thus have multiple credit cards and being offered unsecured loans. At some point she thinks of using all the cards and defaulting to it. she will not change home address. Is she punishable for estafa? What would be her worst case scenario?

Scenario 2:
A person having multiple credit card debts but a good payer. Now, wanting to pay all of her debts using an unsecured loan offer, then would wish to default. She will not change home address. Does she have a case?

Regards & God Bless.

2credit - Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans Empty Re: Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:44 pm

attyLLL

1) if those facts can be proven, that is estafa and credit card fraud because there was an intent to never pay from the beginning. though it will be hard to prove, the collectors will make your life hell.

2) unless she is made to issue checks (which is common), it will be difficult to file criminal charges against her but a case for collection can prosper.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3credit - Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans Empty Re: Multiple Credit Card Debt and Loans Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 pm

plshelpmegod

Arresto Menor

I see... going back to scenario 2.

Unsecured loans are common nowadays if you are of good credit standing. They would keep on offering you and convincing you to get the loan. Unsecured like no collateral nor checks involved. They would just bill you at home.

You know Atty, I am a victim of estafa, I'm so mad with the Law and with the current system for in reality the victims ourselves lose both ways and you know that. That's why I'm resorting to this. Although I am sacrificing my credit ranking at least this would clear me out of debt on 6 banks and just 1 bank hunting me.

As always, thanks for your advise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum