Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Declaration of paternity for illegitimate child

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bianca_v

Arresto Menor

Hello,
Just wanted to seek advise kasi I will get married soon and my soon to be husband has an illegitimate child from his ex-girlfriend. His ex-girlfriend didn't want my fiancee to have contact with the child during the early years. My fiancee continuously gives financial support to them though. By the way, the birth certificate of the child was not signed by my fiancee during the child's birth - this was the ex-girlfriend's decision. So the illegitimate child doesn't carry the surname of my fiancee.

But early this year, grabe na kasi kung makademand ung girl ng monetary support. And the ex-girlfriend is now actually considering to declare my fiancee as the father of the child. I don't know what is her agenda now. Just wanted to confirm, will the ex-girlfriend be able to file this even if my fiancee doesn't give his consent or approval?

My concern is actually because if we get married, we don't plan to have a prenuptial agreement. So that means whatever I own will also be his. Just in case (worst case scenario only) we both die, then I'm just worried that all our assets will be given to the illegitimate child. My fiancee doesn't plan to declare himself as the illegitimate child's father anymore but will still continue to provide monetary support. Kaya I just want to check lng if there is a way for the ex-girlfriend to declare my fiancee as the father of the child without his consent? Shall I consider to have a prenuptial agreement with my fiancee once we get married?

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

better have a pre-nup para di ka magsisi sa huli. your fiancé should understand your situation since sya naman yung may sabit.

the possible scenario that will play out is kahit hindi nya kilalanin yung bata, kung magsampa ng kaso yung babae at magrequest ang korte ng DNA test to establish filiation between your fiancé and the child at napatunayan na anak nga nya to, magiging legitimate heir nya ang bata sa ayaw nyo at sa gusto.

bianca_v

Arresto Menor

Thank you xtianjames sa advise. Can I also ask if for example we already had a child/children of our own, then wla kami prenup agreement. If we both die (worst case scenario ulit), for sure may mappunta sa anak namin pero pati ba ung illegitimate child mabbigyan din (worst case din na magfile nga ng case si ex-gf)?

Eldz

Arresto Menor

Magandang hapon po..tanong ko lg po kasi may bf ako dati at may anak kami.pero may asawa ang bf ko at alam ko yun.apelyido din ng bf ko ang dinadala ng baby nami.pero ngayon po wala na kami nga bf ko at may bago na akong bf.ang concern ko is gusto kong humingi ng suporta para sa anak ko.pero baka malaman ng asawa ng ex bf ko na nagong kabit ako ng asawa niya at nagkaanak pa kmi.if in case po ba may ikakaso pa rin sa akin kahit hiwalay na kami ng lalaki at may iba na akong bf?thank you po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum